Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to choose the right version of gcc/gfortran when installing FLUKA?

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 10:43:15 +0100

Dear Haoyu,
     did you set correctly the variables FLUFOR and GFORFLU?
It would be helpful to see your error messages...

Instead of using make, you could try to directly link the Fluka
executable with the command:

$FLUPRO/flutil/lfluka -m fluka

As an alternative, if docker is installed on your machine
(just type "docker --version" to check), you could try the new
Fluka for Docker system:

https://flukadocker.github.io/F4D/

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Il 31/10/2018 08:55, Haoyu Shi ha scritto:

> Dear FLUKA Experts,
>

> I'm trying to install FLUKA in our cluster. The system is SL6.0 with a
> lot of versions of gcc(no 7.3.0). The default version is 3.4.9. Since
> it is a cluster, I do not have the superuser privilege, neither to
> delete the older versions of gcc. So I first compile a gcc 7.3 on my
> own dir, set all the paths correctly, and download the tar.gz version
> of fluka(7.3 version).
>
> Before installing, I type "gfortran -v" and it returns "7.3.0". I also
> alias f77 and g77 to this version of gfortran. But when I typed "make"
> in home dir of fluka, it choose gcc 3.4 and give a lot of errors. I
> even edited the makeflags file to specific the gfortran and f77
> version, but still failed.
>

> So in situation like this, how to choose the right version and how to
> install fluka correctly?
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Regards,
>
> Haoyu

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy