[fluka-discuss]: Flair expressions and deprecated bodies in the same input file - crash

From: Thanos Manousos <Athanasios.Manousos_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 17:17:12 +0000

Dear all

In ATLAS we are in a sort of weird and annoying situation concerning some of our input files.
We use some “deprecated bodies” for describing a few parts of one detector
and, as I’ve mentioned in a previous e-mail to this list, Flair expressions for defining different simulations settings and variables.

So, we have a situation that we need to use both DEPRBODY and OLDFLAIR sdum options in the GLOBAL card which of course is impossible.
Thus we’ve added one more GLOBAL card such that each one has one of the two sdums defined.
BUT, all the simulations have crashed with the error message:
“*** Deprecated body! Execution terminated ***"
(yes we’ve checked that both GLOBAL cards were present in the input file)

Attached you’ll find a simple input file that I’ve generated to trigger and isolate this problem, as well as the .err and .out file where the error message is indicated.

And again we were not pleased and surprised to see our jobs crashing in the present release with the above mentioned message,
especially when the user is in principle allowed to use both deprecated bodies and flair expressions, but in practise the simulations will crash.

Changing these parts of our huge geometry is extremely difficult on any reasonable timescale and in addition removing the Flair expressions will be almost impossible.
Therefore, the latest release of the code is unusable for us. Is it possible for you to provide a solution for this problem?

Best,
Thanos

---
Thanos Manousos