Re: [fluka-discuss]: regarding relative error in USRBIN X-Y-Z and REGION

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 17:20:46 +0100

Dear Alex,
     a second thought on the evaluation of USRBIN errors: you can
actually make them to coincide between a cartesian and region based
scoring, by taking a very coarse mesh in which bins coincide with
regions. This is very simplistic and not realistic, of course, but
it is useful to understand.

I send you a modified version of the standard Fluka example in
which the target is divided in two regions: I have defined both
a cartesian (1 bin in x/y and 2 bins in z) and a region scoring
and you can see that the outputs coincide both as average values
and as statistical errors (please note the different normalization
of the Fluka output: with region scoring you have to divide
manually the value by the region volume).

Best,
Andrea