RE: [fluka-discuss]: ProtonPBS.inp 2

From: Eleftherios Skordis <eleftherios.skordis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 16:40:40 +0000

Dear user,

the reason why you are not getting the expected results are mainly the wrong definition of the lattice cards as well as the "not clear" definition of you geometry.

The former, is pretty straight forward. Your assignment of the lattice numbers in the lattice cards are all the same. While its not wrong to do everything by hand (correctly) you can just ignore those entries all together (see your modified input).

The second is a bit more delicate. Your region definition is highly susceptible to rounding geometry errors due to multiple planes intersecting at the same point along with the boundary definition of your lattices.
It is recommended to leave small buffer zones between complicated regions, especially when lattices are involved to avoid such errors.

Attached you can find a working input file that might need a bit more attention from your side.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Lefteris

Eleftherios Skordis