Re: [fluka-discuss]: dose equivalent during the irradiation

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 16:43:42 +0100

Dear Tolga,
     this is a known bug that should have been fixed with the latest
release (2011.2x.4). Please make sure that you are running it and
also the latest Flair version (2.3-0).

In any case you can also quickly fix it: the problem is that in the
PHYSICS card, WHAT(1) should be 3 for the "New evaporation model
with heavy fragment", but Flair writes insted 0. You can directly
modify the card by right-clicking on the PHYSICS card and selecting
"Edit card": a new panel will open and you can write 3 in the slot
for WHAT(1). Fluka should now run without stopping.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Andrea

On 21/01/2019 14:10, HASAN TOLGA ADA wrote:

> Dear Stefan,
>
> First of all, I really thank you for your answer. I get my answer and
> solve my problem. However, I have a new challenge and I need help again.
>
> For defining irradiation for electron I use PHYSICS card and entering
> the type EVAPORAT and choose model as "New Evap with heavy frag".
> I chouse it but when I start the simulation. It breaks and turns me an
> error message. when I google the error I saw that I'm not the first
> one having this problem but I could not find any solution about this.
> basicly the message turns me like "you could not use the old
> evaporation model. run stop". I think the main reason, I choose my
> setting but they could not be chosen by the program and FLUKA could
> not see
> my pre-settings.
> My questions are:
>
> Do you have any idea why I could not choose my settings in this card?
> (I'm not an advanced user, I did some project before but I still go on
> learning.)
>
> Is it possible if I make this simulation without this card...
>
> PS: at the end of this improvement process, I try to simulate a linear
> accelerator and my duty is defining a beam dump... So I have to
> simulate the exact beamline for my study.
>
> Thanks,
> Tolga

> *Kimden: *"Stefan Roesler" <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
> *Kime: *"HASAN TOLGA ADA" <hasan.tolga.ada_at_gazi.edu.tr>
> *Kk: *fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org
> *Gönderilenler: *14 Ocak Pazartesi 2019 14:10:09
> *Konu: *Re: [fluka-discuss]: dose equivalent during the irradiation
>
> Dear Tolga
>
> Regarding scoring particle fluence with USRBIN please see p.16 in the
> lecture on scoring
>
> https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927109/attachments/1657642/2654312/Scoring_2018.pdf
>
> in the given example replace NEUTRON by PHOTON and adapt the scoring mesh
> according to your problem (e.g., bin size or instead of cylindrical mesh
> an rectangular mesh). Note, by default this scores only prompt photons,
> i.e. not including those from radioactive decays. If you want to include
> them see the Manual for the DCYSCORE card (activate RADDECAY with WHAT(1)
> > 1.0 and DCYSCORE with WHAT(1) = -1)
>
> The second part of your question is not fully clear. Are you intested in
> dose eq and fluence from prompt radiation or radioactive decays? Dose eq
> from prompt radiation are scored, very similar to fluence, e.g. with
> USRBIN and (generalized) particle type "DOSE-EQ. Regarding dose eq and
> particles from decay radiation note that by defining negative cooling
> times with DCYTIMES you can go back to any moment during your
> irradiation.
> See for example p.5 in the lecture on activation
>
> https://indico.cern.ch/event/694979/contributions/2927152/attachments/1657658/2654336/Activation_2018.pdf
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Cheers
> [...]

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy