[fluka-discuss]: The STEPSIZE card, is the main step size control in FLUKA?

From: <mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:59:40 +0330

Dear FLUKA experts and users,
I am working on charged particle transport in the presence of the
magnetic field. My questions are as follows:
1. The STEPSIZE card, is the main step size control?
2. Is there another parameter that is used for step size in a magnetic field?
3. However I aware of "In a region with magnetic field , the maximum
step size should not exceed its neighboring regions and the minimum
dimensions". Is it scientifically reasonable to asume the same minimum
and maximum step sizes for all the regions with diferent densities,
which physically should be selected according to the dimensions of
that region and its neighbors? I mean, If one of the three condistions
for selecting the step size when magnetic field is present, isn't pass
and in some regions the maximum step size is larger than the dimension
of that region and/or its neighbor, what will hapen in the accuracy of
the simulation?
I thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.
SINCERELY YOURS,"

/Mahmoudreza Akbari/
                                              /Ph.D. Candidate in
Medical Radiation Engineering/
//Department of Nuclear Engineering,/
Faculty of Advanced Sciences and Technologies,
University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
Alternative Email: mrakbari2015_at_ast.ui.ac.ir [1]/
          /Tel: 0098-09304403165/

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Email%3AMahmoudrezaakbari_at_yahoo.com