Re: [fluka-discuss]: cut on the maximum number of particles produced

From: <amucha_at_agh.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 15:33:36 +0100

Thank you for the answer.
The total (all particles) multiplicity in my study goes also slightly
above 1000, with 119 average. But if I choose hadrons (protons,
neutrons, charged pions, kaons) only, the average multiplicity is 72,
whereas Pythia8 gives me almost twice as much.
I attached the plots with comparison of these two generators. Pythia8 is
used as standalone program, but DPMJET3 data are obtained from FLUKA (I
don't know how to use standalone DPMJET3). The top and bottom plots
differ only by the log scale. There are no elastic events in DPMJET3
plot. Do you have any explanation for such a huge differences? I'm aware
that PYTHIA has a lot of parameters to set, but I used kind of
"standard" for my experiment.
Regards,
Agnieszka