Re: [fluka-discuss]: Problems with running FLUKA on Virtual Box and Flupix

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 13:45:24 +0100

Dear Adam,
    since the last year we have switched to Docker for running Fluka in
a Windows environment: this has advantages with respect to the use of
a virtual machine.

You can find more information and the instructions on how to proceed
at the following link:

https://github.com/flukadocker/F4D

Please, give it a try and let us know in case on troubles.

Kind regards,
Andrea

On 05/02/2019 12:10, Adam Dabkowski wrote:

> Dear Fluka Experts,
>
> I was running for year my simple experiments simulations with
> irradiation of stacked foils in cyclotron targets.
>
> However, since more than a year I receive strange errors and time out
> messages. I use Virtual Box and Flupix.
>
> Could you please verify my inp file but I think there are no  errors
> as it was running well before.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> --
>
> /Adam Dabkowski MSc/
>
> *Cyclotron Engineer*
>
> Wales Positron Emission Tomography Imaging Centre (PETIC)*
>
> *Cardiff University School of Medicine
> College of Biomedical and Life Science
> Heath Park
> Cardiff
> CF14 4XN
>
> Tel: +44 02920 745787 / 07511 196842
> Email: dabkowskia_at_cardiff.ac.uk <mailto:dabkowskia_at_cardiff.ac.uk>
>

> *Peiriannydd Cyclotron*
>
> Canolfan Delweddu Tomograffeg Gollwng Positronau Cymru*
> **
> *Ysgol Meddygaeth Prifysgol Caerdydd Coleg y Gwyddorau Biofeddygol a
> Bywyd
> Parc y Mynydd Bychan
> Caerdydd
> CF14 4XN
>
> Tel: +44 02920 745787 / 07511 196842
> E-bost: dabkowskia_at_caerdydd.ac.uk <mailto:dabkowskia_at_caerdydd.ac.uk>

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy