[fluka-discuss]: Problems with optical photons and roughness

From: Загороднюк Алексей А. <fiz.zagorodnAA1_at_bsu.by>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 18:04:17 +0000

Dear Fluka users,

I am trying to model the propagation of optical photons in the NaI crystal. To make an estimation of total number of optical photons in the crystal I use USRBIN with only one region. It gives me the total track-length of optical photons in the specified region per incident particle. When I use smooth reflector with zero roughness the program gives me one result. But when I use reflector with roughness equal to 0.3 it gives me three times smaller result of total optical track-length in the region. It looks like roughness parameter eliminates photons during reflection. Can anyone tell me please is it normal result or I misunderstand the meaning of roughness in the program?

Thank you in advance,

Alexey