Re: help me please!

From: Giuseppe Battistoni (Giuseppe.Battistoni@mi.infn.it)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 15:42:54 CET

    At present you cannot obtain directly a Bragg peak using flair.
    It is right to use USRBIN but, inside flair, we
    we have not a tool to plot a 1-dimensional plot of the kind
    deposition vs depth from a USRBIN output.
    I do it with other tools and I give here an exmple

    In attachment you can find a bragg.inp input file to calculate naively the
    energy deposition in water from C-12 projectiles (you need FLUKA linked
    witk rqmd and dpmjet). There I define a water target and by means of
    USRBIN I superimpose a grid of 100 equally spaced bins along the beam
    direction (Z). Actually there are 2 USRBIN detectors. One is just energy
    deposition (on unit 22) and the other (on unit 24) is weighted with a
    comscw.f routine to define the dose in Gray (also attached here).

    After the run and the sum of fort.22 and fort.24 files (that you can do
    with flair), by means of $FLUPRO/flutil/usbrea I obtain an ascii file
    from the USRBIN sum. Now you can access such an ascii file with other
    graphic packages.

    For instance, if you are accustomed to the ROOT package, I attach here
    a macro called readusb.C that is used as follows.
    a) you call root from the directory where the ascii file is located
    b) within root you issue the command: .x readusb.C
    c) you will be prompted with the name of the ascii file
    d) you get your plot as shown in the bragg.eps attachment

    A tool to make a similar plot will be soon added to a next version of
    Flair.

            Giuseppe Battistoni