[fluka-discuss]: Building an ideal pixelated X-ray detector

From: Primidis, Thomas <Thomas.Primidis_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 17:05:54 +0000

Dear all,

I wish to simulate a pixelated detector that scores the photon energy/cm2/primary that “reaches” each of its pixels. To do so I have used a USRBIN as bellow. It is parallel to the XY plane.

USRBIN 10. PHOTON -21. 1.8 1.3 16.00051detector
USRBIN -1.8 -1.3 16. 360. 260. 1. &

along with fluscw.f as such:

      INCLUDE '(SCOHLP)'
      IF ( ISCRNG.EQ.2 ) THEN
      IF ( PLA.GE.ZERZER ) THEN
      FLUSCW = PLA*(ZZ*1D-4)
      ELSE
      FLUSCW = -PLA*(ZZ*1D-4)
      END IF
      ENDIF
      LSCZER = .FALSE.
      RETURN
      END

In short, when the scorer is a USRBIN it multiplies with the energy to get the energy fluence and then it multiplies with the Z-direction cosine to get rid of the 1/cosz of the fluence.

Could you please confirm this indeed simulates a perfect X-ray detector which scores the energy/cm2/primary that reaches its pixels? Does the pixel width on the Z axis effect my results in any way? I used a small width to avoid measuring twice any X-rays that could pass through two pixels in case they come almost parallel to the detector.

P.S.

I am using fluka2011.2x

In fluscw.f, ZZ returns the Z direction cosine multiplied by 1E4 so I have to divide to get the actual value.

Best regards,

Thomas