Re: BF3 detector response function

From: John Clem (clem@bartol.udel.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 17:57:46 CET

    Ali,

    Unless implementation of this effect has recently taken place, it is likely
    neccessary to extract the neutron absorption locations within the active BF3
    volume from FLUKA and use typical energy-range relationship (Bethe-Block) to
    determine the amount energy that escapes the region of interest. I think you
    have two choices: interface your energy-range code inside MGDRAW or dump the
    locations to an external file and process the data seperately from FLUKA.
    And again assuming this has not been implemented, the Q value associated
    with the ground state Li7 state fission channel is not considered and should
    also be coded (Q~2.7MeV).

    Attached are old results using this approach... The difference in the two
    curves are caused by attempts to also include deadtime and pileup effects in
    the electronics. Anyhow, I do not presume to be an expert so perhaps others
    will have better ideas.

    John