Re: [fluka-discuss]: RE: Problems with running FLUKA on Virtual Box and Flupix

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 19:13:35 +0200

Dear Adam,
     if you check the output file, you will see that Fluka cannot run
because you have forgotten to define how low energy neutrons should
treat your new compound: you need a LOW-MAT card for each of your
MO isotopes to associate them to the material present in the Fluka
database (in this case natural Molybdenum as best proxy).

In case of a single element, since the material name is equal to the
low energy neutrons name in the database, no extra card is required
and the association is done automatically.

Everything is explained in the LOW-MAT card entry and in chater
10 of the Fluka manual.

I attach a revised version of your input that should run.

Kind regards,
Andrea

On 28/04/2019 16:19, Adam Dabkowski wrote:
> Dear Fluka Users,
>
> I run my simulation for irradiation of the Molybdenum 100 or natural Moly by proton beam, and they are OK.
> However, when I try to implement a compound to include defined levels of isotopic impurities, it fails.
> There is no specific error message. Simulation just ends after a minute or so with message finished OK but there is no data generated.
> Please could you advise if there is any mistake in my input file?
>
> * ..+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7...
> TITLE
> FLUKA Tc-99m ST modelling
> GLOBAL OLDFLAIR
> *
> * use names everywhere and free format for geometry
> DEFAULTS NEW-DEFA
> *#define dE 0.001
> *
> * beam definitions
> BEAM -0.018 0.000518 1.7 -0.7 -0.7 PROTON
> BEAMPOS -5.
> *
> * Geometry
> * --------
> GEOBEGIN COMBNAME
> 0 0 Cylindrical Cu-Mo Target
> *
> * Bodies
> * ------
> *
> * Blackhole to include geometry
> SPH BLK 0.0 0.0 0.0 10000.
> * Void sphere
> SPH VOID 0.0 0.0 0.0 1000.
> * Infinite cylinder
> ZCC TARG 0.0 0.0 1.2
> * planes cutting the cylinder
> XYP ZTlow 0.0
> XYP T1seg 0.0
> XYP T2seg 0.08
> XYP ZThigh 0.2
> * infinite cylinder
> ZCC TARG2 0.0 0.0 0.6
> * infinite cylinder
> ZCC TARG11 0.0 0.0 0.6
> ZCC TARG12 0.0 0.0 1.05
> XYP W1seg 0.0
> XYP BLEND -30.
> XYP WATEREND 0.3
> END
> *
> * Regions
> * -------
> *
> * Blackhole
> BLKHOLE 5 +BLK -VOID
> * Target segment 2
> MoTarget 5 +TARG2 -T1seg +T2seg
> * Target segment 3
> CuBack 5 +TARG -T2seg +ZThigh
> | +TARG -TARG11 -ZTlow +T2seg
> *
> * Air around target
> INAIR 5 +VOID -TARG
> | -TARG12 +ZTlow +TARG +VOID
> | -TARG12 -ZThigh +TARG +VOID
> | +TARG12 -WATEREND +VOID
> | +BLEND +TARG12 +VOID
> * Beam Line
> VAC 5 -BLEND +TARG11 +W1seg
> * Water Cooling Region
> WatCool 5 +TARG12 -ZThigh +WATEREND
> * Beam Line
> BEAML 5 +TARG12 -TARG11 -BLEND +ZTlow
> END
> [...]

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy