Re: deq99c.f & dose equivalent

From: Sebastien WURTH (wurth@ipno.in2p3.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2008 - 09:48:11 CET

    Hello Hamide,

    The code to include in your detector's SDUM is explained at the
    beginning of the deq routine (maybe AMB74 here).
    Using particle code 201 to score the dose equivalent for all particles
    included in the routine is the right thing to do, I used it very often.
    You can calculate separately and add up, if everything goes OK, it
    should be the same.
    Generalised particle is not an option in my opinion. We are talking
    about conversion from fluence to dose equivalent here (using FLUSCW
    routine), not from energy deposited to dose (for this one, COMSCW
    routine is the suitable one).
    You can use the three kinds of detectors to calculate dose, I usually
    use USRBIN to plot spatial distributions for shielding purposes, it
    depends of what you need.

    Hope it helps.
    Regards.
    Sebastien.