Re: [fluka-discuss]: Eventbin data processing on flair

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 22:28:35 +0200

> So, if i should set on flair the asc output uniti instead of the bin one I
> will already have formatted result ready for the analysis? I always used the
> bin one, so I totaly do not know the other option.

You will get formatted results on which you will have to setup yourself
the kind of analysis you wish outside Flair. These are event-by-event
results, on which by definition no automatic averaging/plotting applies.
If you ask for them, you should know the reason why you do so and find the
way to process them accordingly.
Otherwise, if the event-by-event discrimination is not really needed to
your actual purposes, you can stay with USRBIN binary results that can be
automatically processed and plotted. The difference between the two types
is not just technical, is first conceptual.

All the best
Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI