Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutrino beam not propagated?

From: Andrea Celentano <andrea.celentano_at_ge.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 09:14:21 +0200

Dear Paul,
for neutrinos, you have to distinguish the two cases.

1) Your primary beam particle is NOT a neutrino. In this case, neutrinos
are produced in the simulation, but not transported. To have them
transported -  add the card:

* Enable all neutrinos tracking - no neutrino - material interactions in
FLUKA (this is only a comment line)
DISCARD    -ANEUTRIE -ANEUTRIM -ANEUTRIT  -NEUTRIE  -NEUTRIM -NEUTRIT

2) Your primary beam particle is a neutrino. In this case, the neutrino
is forced to have, in each event, an interaction happening in the point
(or area) defined by BEAMPOS card. Note that, also in this case, there
may be secondary neutrinos (such as in neutral currents): for them, what
said before applies.

However, from your question it seems you want to use a neutrino source,
and score the neutrinos. Is this correct? Are you trying to score the
*primary*neutrinos? I don't think this can be done - however, primary
neutrinos, in real world, would just propagate in a straight line.
Instead, if you are interested in scoring the secondary neutrinos from
the interaction (neutral current), follow point 1)

Bests,
Andrea