[fluka-discuss]: Neutrino beam not propagated?

From: Paul Miyagawa <Paul.Miyagawa_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 18:03:52 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to understand what happens with a neutrino source using a toy (spherical) geometry. I've tried both a beam and an isotropic source. From what I've tested, the neutrinos don't seem to be transported (no entries with USRBDX scoring). Reading in the online manual + past posts, it sounds like the primary neutrinos interact at the point of production ("Neutrino interactions are forced to occur in the point (or area) defined in the BEAMPOS card."), and the secondary neutrinos don't interact at all and therefore are not propagated? Is there an option to enable neutrino transport and therefore allow scoring of them? Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,
Paul