[fluka-discuss]: Interaction of neutron with 3He

From: Sujoy Chatterjee <sujoy_at_vecc.gov.in>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 12:15:07 +0530

Dear all,
I am trying to calculate residual nuclei after neutron interacts with 3He gas of the detector. The residual nuclei calculations shows that the number of proton and tritium are different. With the earlier versions of FLUKA, we used to get the same value for proton and tritium. But now with the latest version of FLUKA, we need to invoke DPMJET and rQMD and card IONTRANS for carrying out the residual nuclei calculations. Now I see the different values of proton and tritium. I would like to know if I am doing something wrong. The input file and the data file is attached for your reference.

with regards,
डॉ. सुजय चटर्जी/Dr. Sujoy Chatterjee
भाभा परमाणु अनुसंधान केंद्र/Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
1/ए एफ विधान नगर/1/AF-Bidhannagar,
कोलकाता - 700064/Kolkata - 700064