Re: [fluka-discuss]: Energy deposition and Electron fluence

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 19:09:58 +0000

Hello Aziz,

On Aug 13, 2019, at 9:10 AM, Abdulaziz Dakhilallah <ad01224_at_surrey.ac.uk<mailto:ad01224_at_surrey.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding first the unit of the energy deposited using USRBIN car type x,y,z.
I red it’s in eV/cm^3, but how can work it out to GeV correctly. Bins in cards are x1 y1 z10. And for the the size (x -10,10) (y-10,10) (z 0,6).

I don’t quite understand your question, actually. Energy deposited is by default scored in GeV/cm^3/primary_weight (note it is GeV, not eV!). So you will need to multiply by the bin size (in cm^3) to get GeV/primary. And then you will have to normalize to the number of primaries in your beam for a given time.

Second question about when I’m trying to score electron fluence, from the USRBIN card I suppose to choose fluence from the “part” options. But in my fluka version doesn’t show any fluence in the part options. So I cannot score electron fluence, anyone has had this issue ? And how to solve it, also, I’m running FLUKA ok windows 10 thru Xming.

I think that you are referring to Flair options (?). My answer refers to FLUKA itself: If you want fluence from a given particle, e.g. neutrons, just write the according fluka name for that particle (e.g. NEUTRON) in WHAT(3) of the first line of the USRBIN card.

Thank you very much.
Aziz