[fluka-discuss]: Finished OK but no output files

From: Stefano Dalla Vecchia <sdv_at_kth.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 12:32:15 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm running simulations with the ICRP phantom voxel (attached here is the entire data that you should need to understand what I'm saying), inserted into a possible lunar habitat. I plan on using a user-defined source later on, but for now I wanted to see if the definition of geometry and materials was working. For this reason I used the same source as the example.inp given in the FLUKA directory (which by the way, FYI, perfectly runs, so I don't think it is a problem of my FLUKA version).

Anyway, I ran the simulation and I received the "FINISHED OK" message, even though the "primaries" bar was not running (I even refreshed manually to make sure). And by looking at the ###001.out file I read some errors that I present here below:

**** Neutron Xsec: ****
 **** Group limits, average energies, velocities and momenta start at location 13894441, end at location 13896608 (I*4 addr.) *****

 *** Recoil proton production activated for Xsec mat. # 1 ***

 *** (n,p) proton production activated for Xsec mat. # 3 ***
  **** Low energy neutron xsec not found for some media 14 19 ****
 phosphor
 sulfur
 chlorine
 potassiu
 iodine

I was wandering if you could help me out on this one, the detectors also do not seem to be getting any results. Could this be due the fact that I am using 140 USRBIN detectors? Like is there such a limit for the number of detectors one can define?

I'm open to any suggestion, thank you very much for your time,

Stefano Dalla Vecchia

ESA - European Astronaut Center