Re: [fluka-discuss]: hadron therapy

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:43:45 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Berin,
   this is a rather generic question, but I can suggest you to get
acquainted with FLUKA by studying the lectures and exercises given
at the latest course:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/

Regarding the physics of hadrontherapy, I can suggest you to read
the following 2 papers:

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/60/8/R155/meta

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0031-9155/57/6/1659/pdf

The first one presents a review of the subject, while in the second
you can find a comparative analysis of the most common MC codes used
in hadrontherapy. As a possibile first task, you could try to
reproduce some of the presented depth dose profiles with FLUKA.

Hope this helps for now. In the future, if you give us more details,
we can give you a more substantial help.

Kind regards,
Andrea Fontana

PS
Please keep the messages in the discuss list for the benefit of all
the other readers.

> Hi, I want to work on hadron therapy. I started with Fluka. But, I saw
> that need to geant4,LET and etc.....And could you help me for working to
> HT? thanks al of you..
>
> This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
> privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
> copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error
> please notify the sender immediately and then delete this mail.<br>

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy