[fluka-discuss]: Doses in Voxel Regions

From: Stefano Dalla Vecchia <sdv_at_kth.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 11:41:52 +0000

Hello Fluka experts,

I am running simulations with the ICRP human phantom. Everything is running smoothly, but I had a question that I could not find the answer to..

I'm scoring the DOSEQLET in each voxel region, which if I stand correct is measured in GeV/g, and corrisponds to the equivalent dose computed using the Q(LET). Now, pardon my ignorance, since I'm using alpha particles, do I still have to multiply it by 20* or not? (I'm assuming not because it is already "equivalent", but might as well ask)

The real problem is related to TIME.. I would like to convert the results into mSv/y, and to do that I would need to know how long the particle exposure was for the radiation. Where/How do I find such quantity?

Thank you,

Stefano Dalla Vecchia

EAC - European Space Agency