(no subject)

From: Jyoti <jyoti.grg_at_britatom.gov.in>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 09:11:53 +0530 (IST)

Dear Ricardo,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the pdf and some of my doubts
are not cleared.

1. In FLUKA, suppose, no of histories (N) = 1E+5. The spawn value
= 10 and no of cycles = 5.

So, when spawn = 1, cycle = 1, these 1E+5 no of histories will not be
simulated together. Rather, it will be divided into X no of batches with
N/X histories. For each batch, we will get a mean value of our
estimator. So, for X no of batches, we will get X no of means which if
we plot, we will get a sampling distribution of sample (or batch) means.
Is my concept correct?

If it is correct, then we can call this X as sample size. Now, since, in
FLUKA input, we are giving only total no history, not the batch size,
what does FLUKA decide as batch size? Is there any predefined parameter
assigned for batch size? For central limit theorem to be valid, the
sample size should be greater than 30 so that whatever be the population
distribution, the sampling distribution of sample means will always be a
normal distribution.

2. For each sampling distribution of sample (or batch) means, the
central limit theorem is valid. Also, each distribution has their own
mean ()(mean of sampling distribution of sample means) and standard
deviation () (SD of sampling distribution of sample means).

Each SD satisfy the relation where x = a random variable of our
estimator, X = no of batches (or sample size), σ = SD of population
distribution. Now for spawn = 1, generally we give 5 cycles. So we will
get 5 and 5 . Then what is the method to get the final SD of our estimator?

For spawns > 1, many such and will be generated. How can we merge
those results to get a single value of and for our estimator?

Thanks and Regards
Jyoti