[fluka-discuss]: Wondering about FLUGG

From: Giovanni Costantini <g.costantini_at_unibs.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 16:03:20 +0100

Dear Experts,

I am a beginner in FLUKA. I just installed FLUKA few weeks ago, I am
working for ASACUSA at CERN. ASACUSA works with an anti-proton beam that I
will have to simulate.

Since other simulations have already been done with Geant4 and the geometry
of the whole apparatus has already been implemented for Geant4 I looked for
a way to use that Geometry with FLUKA.

I found out FLUGG, which is exactly what I need. However, I was wondering
if this software can be used with the latest versions of FLUKA and Geant4
and if not, there is another way to do it?

I installed FLUGG, but I found troubles trying to run the first example.
Before spending time solving those problems (which could have been caused
by my mistakes during the installation procedure), I thought it was better
to ask to you some clarification, also because I found only old (2003 or
2009) documentation about FLUGG.

Thanks and regards,
Giovanni Costantini

--