Re: [fluka-discuss]: Wondering about FLUGG

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 17:17:13 +0100

Dear Giovanni,

FLUGG is no longer up to date with the latest versions of Fluka and
GEANT4. The upgrade is the plans, but I cannot promise it will be ready
soon.

If you have a GDML description of the geometry, you can try the GDML
importer in FLAIR, being aware that not all geometries can be translated,
thus you'll have to check

Hope this helps
Paola

> Dear Experts,
>
> I am a beginner in FLUKA. I just installed FLUKA few weeks ago, I am
> working for ASACUSA at CERN. ASACUSA works with an anti-proton beam that I
> will have to simulate.
>
> Since other simulations have already been done with Geant4 and the
> geometry
> of the whole apparatus has already been implemented for Geant4 I looked
> for
> a way to use that Geometry with FLUKA.
>
> I found out FLUGG, which is exactly what I need. However, I was wondering
> if this software can be used with the latest versions of FLUKA and Geant4
> and if not, there is another way to do it?
>
> I installed FLUGG, but I found troubles trying to run the first example.
> Before spending time solving those problems (which could have been caused
> by my mistakes during the installation procedure), I thought it was better
> to ask to you some clarification, also because I found only old (2003 or
> 2009) documentation about FLUGG.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Giovanni Costantini
>
> --