Re: [fluka-discuss]: Error encountered in after few cycles

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:17:46 +0100

Hello

please look at the end of the xxx004.out file, at the beginning of the
xxx004.log file and in the xxx004.err file (where xxx is the name of your
input) and see if there is any error message. This should tell you in
which part of the code the crash happened.
These files might be in the temporary subdirectory fluka_####
where the code was running.

Please send me (no need to spam the fluka-discuss until we find the
problem..) this information, and, if you can, send me your input file

Thank you
Paola

> Dear All
>
> I have an experience that simulation stops after a no of successful
> cycles. At the same place after the same no to seeds.
>
> eg 1E+7 primaries for 5 terminates with FPE after 5E+6 primaries in
> 4rth cycle.
>
> If I continue with 5E+6 primaries for 10 cycle , I am able to get result.
>
> Why can this happen and Is what I am doing is Okay ?
>

> ** Radiation exposure to public from NPP is negligible **
>
> Disclaimer
> ----------
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the =
> use of the addressed individual or entity. It contains information that =
> is confidential and protected from disclosure. It must not be printed, re=
> ad, copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever mann=
> er) by any person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure =
> or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can=
> possibly attract legal action.
>
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely=
> those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the compan=
> y. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the pres=
> ence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused b=
> y any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this messa=
> ge and may please notify the sender by e-mail. =20
> Thank you.

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374