AW: FLUKA error in Ubuntu

From: Chris Theis <Christian.Theis@cern.ch>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 18:52:21 CEST

Dear Ariel,
naturally one cannot judge whether there is a problem with an input file
without it being available. However, from the diagnostics that you've
posted you are indeed right to assume that the problem is OS or rather
shell related. The problem is that it has been a (maybe unfortunate)
common practice of Linux distributions to link /bin/sh to bash and as a
consequence bash syntax was always supported even if the "plain" bourne
shell was specified at the beginning of a script.

However, Ubuntu uses the Debian Almquist shell (dash) as a lightweight
replacement for the bourne shell and dash enforces strict compliance
with the POSIX standard only! I would suspect that this is the cause of
the error message that you have encountered.
For more info see (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh)

Anyway, the message that you have seen should not pose a serious problem
as the simulations should run & exit gracefully. I'd suggest that you
try to either change your shell environment to bash (see the link above)
or replace the first line in the "rfluka" script with the following one:

!/bin/bash

Naturally, you will have to have bash installed on your system for this
to work!

Hope that helps
Chris

---
Chris Theis
CERN/SC-RP-- European Organization for Nuclear Research
1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 767 8069                         Office: 892-2A-015
e-mail: Christian.Theis@cern.ch
---