Re: Biasing primary particles

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler@mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 11:34:00 CEST

1.mi.infn.it [192.84.138.69]); Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:34:06 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: owner-fluka-discuss@mi.infn.it

Dear David,

By default, importance biasing applies to primaries and also USIMBS should=
=20
be called at the first transport step, provided you have a BIASING card=20
with SDUM=3DUSER.=20

If you post input, source and usimbs I could have a look.

Regards
Stefan

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Horv=E1th D=E1vid wrote:

> Dear Fluka users,
>=20
> I'm trying to simulate a shielding for a spent fuel of nuclear reactor. F=
or to
> do this I'm using the soure.f routine to generate photons with different
> energies. I need to transport this photons through a lead shielding.
> To get results with good statistics the importance of primary photons is
> needed. With manual biasing (slicing into smaller regions) I could bias t=
hese
> photons, but my geometry will be to complicated for manual biasing. And h=
ere
> is my problem. With the usimbs.f routine I make the biasing, but I couldn=
't
> manage to apply this to the primary photons.
> How can use this routine for the primaries?
> Thanks for your answers.
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> David HORVATH
> engineering physicist student
> Budapest University of Technology and Economics
>=20
>=20

--=20

Stefan Roesler