Re: [fluka-discuss]: Activation model and EVAPORAT card errors

From: Jürgen Diefenbach <diefenba_at_uni-mainz.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 12:07:21 +0200

Dear Tamer,

as the error message in the terminal says the function call is missing
some arguments. Some time ago I edited Layout.py to fix it. The patch is
attached, generated using "diff originalLayout.py Layout.py >
Layout.py.diff". If you're not familiar with diff and patch, just look
at the code and my diff file to see what needs to be done. Make a copy
of the original Layout.py to avoid messing up things.

I usually also edit "__revision__" in tkFlair.py to make sure I can tell
for sure if I'm using my patched version or not.

Hope this helps!

Jürgen

On 05.04.20 18:42, Tamer Tolba wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In my attached simplified test fulka model "InActTest.inp and
> Act_test.flair", I trying to score the specific activation on a target
> body. I am following the instructions of exercise 15 (Activation). I am
> also compiling the executable file with linking to "ldpmqmd" as Paola
> suggested to other use before.
>
> I think I followed all instructions in the example model, however I got
> the following errors:
>
> 1- When I try to run with PHYSICS/EVAPORAT card with MODEL set at
> default "Ignore", I get error _1_errorEvaportCard_Run.png._
>
> 2- When I set MODEL to  "New Evap with heavy frag", I get an immediate
> error on the terminal _2_errorEvaportCard_ActTest.png. _And fluka re-set
> the MODEL option to "Ignore" automatically!
>
> 3- Exercise 15 works fine as it is downloaded from the course website.
> The option MODEL is set to "New Evap with heavy frag" by default. Now,
> when I try to change it to "Ignore" (in order to check if I gonna
> reproduce my test model error) I get the same immediate error on the
> terminal _3_errorEvaportCard_Ex15.png. _And fluka re-set the MODEL
> option to "New Evap with heavy frag" automatically!
>
> So, it seems that I have no control over the EVAPORT option selection!
>
> I am not able to spot the mistake in the Act_test.inp model! And I don't
> understand why I have no control over the MODEL options of the EVAPORAT
> card!
>
> Regards,
>
> Tamer
>
> --
> Dr. Tamer Tolba
> Forschungszentrum Jülich
> Institut für Kernphysik (IKP)
> 52425 Jülich, Germany
> Tel.: +49 2461 61 6860
> Fax.: +49 2461 61 96415

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
> Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt

Dr. Jürgen Diefenbach
Institut für Kernphysik
Universität Mainz
Becherweg 45