[fluka-discuss]: Helium Dose

From: Bauer Michael <Michael.Bauer_at_medaustron.at>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 08:03:40 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I want to simulate the dose of different ions in a certain geometry.
For all ions (Z<11) I've looked at so far it worked fine, unless for Helium.

For Hydrogen I used the particle proton.
For Z>2 I used HI and entered A and Z myself. In this case I changed the compile option lfluka to ldpmqmd (using flair).

For Helium I used the predefined particle He-4. The results, however, are 3-4 orders of magnitude lower than they should be.
Then I tried to do it with HI instead, but an error occurred, where I was asked to use the predefined particle for Helium.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

Michael Bauer, B.Sc
Praktikant Strahlenschutz / Intern Radiation Protection

EBG MedAustron GmbH
Marie Curie-Straße 5
A-27OO Wiener Neustadt

t +43 262226 100 - 465