RE: Fluka Calculation for Induced Activity

From: V.C.Petwal <vikash@rrcat.gov.in>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 16:57:51 CEST

-----Original Message-----

Dear sir,
I am simulating the activity induced in a Cu target by bombardment of
700 MeV electron/proton beam using the fluka code.

I have gone through the references forwarded by uou and found them very
much useful in understanding the issue of induced activity. However to
understand the use of RESNUCL card I am running a very simple problem,
which Input and out put is attached. For the initial run I have not used
any biasing card.

I have 3 doubts.

In the output I am getting 3 tables

1. The firs table contains yield as function of Mass Number.
    (I understand that for all these isotopes Z is same and for present
problem it is 29. Could you please comment that whether I have
understood it correctly. Also please explain the significance of
isotopes in this table which have A=1,2,3,4. Does they exist at all!!)

2. The second Table contains as a function of Atomic Number
    (I understand that for all these Isotopes A is fixed and for present
problem it is 63. If my interpretation is correct then I am unable to
understand the significance of isotopes such as 1H63 or 2He63 etc.

3. The third table contains isotopes arranged in an array Which A and
Z can be derived from the respective Row and col index.

I request you to kindly help me in understanding the output file.

Encl. Input-output file which can be opened in WordPad

With best regards.

V.C.Petwal