Re: A question on source file

From: Sharmalee Randeniya <randeniya_at_rice.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:44:48 -0500

Hi Thilo,

The width of the beam can be set by restricting the initial position
of the beam particles(that is XFLK, YFLK, ZFLK) to the region that you
need. Here is an example.

In the following example the Z coordinate is always set to -10 cm.
X and Y are always a value between -40 cm and +40 cm. That is beam
width in X and Y are set to 80 cm.

XFLK (NPFLKA) = -40.D0 + 80.D0 * FLRNDM(DUMMY)
YFLK (NPFLKA) = -40.D0 + 80.D0 * FLRNDM(DUMMY)
ZFLK (NPFLKA) = -10.D0

One very important remark, I suggest u to use good FORTRAN programming
styles in FLUKA. Please read the Alberto's advice in the FLUKA discuss
arcive. The link is
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0584.html.

Sharmalee