Re: [EXTERNAL] [fluka-discuss]: Question about difference between Fluka2020 and Fluka2011 in Ionsplitting (for activation study)

From: George Kharashvili <georgek_at_jlab.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 11:55:50 +0000

Dear Tan Shi,

The IONSPLIT option was improved even before FLUKA-2020, since FLUKA-2011-2x.
Please read replies to Paolo's question here http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/13612.html

The bottom line is that if you are studying activation by GeV electrons, you must link RQMD and DPMJET to prevent simulation of energetic ions without appropriate interaction model. May not be a significant factor, depending on your problem, but it is still required. Instructions on how to do this: http://pcfluka.mi.infn.it/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/16770.html

General overview of heavy ion interaction models is given in FLUKA course lecture https://indico.cern.ch/event/753612/contributions/3121528/attachments/1974725/3286240/Heavy_Ions_2019.pdf

Best regards,
George