Re: [fluka-discuss]: cross section data pB

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:05:48 +0200

Hello
no, Fluka does not use TENDL, at least not for proton induced reactions:
It has its own parametrization of proton-nucleus cross sections.
For low energy neutrons, some of the materials are treated using TENDL
data, however most datasets are derived from ENDF
In the plot, you mean 11B(p,3alpha), right?
Regards
Paola
> Hi dear fluka team,
>
> I have a general question.
> Fluka use cross section data base TENDL no?
>
> Because I am wondering why such model of cross section (see figure in
> attachment) for proton/Boron is so far from experimental data (in this
> example, between incident proton energy from 100keV to few MeV ,
> experimental data of cross section is about 10mb-1b ans TENDL is at 1fb. A
> 10¹⁵ factor is not nothing...
>
> If someone have an explaination...
>
> Thanks
>
> Julien BONVALET