[fluka-discuss]: Defining source.f from previous results

From: J.H. Dark <jhd42_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 17:38:36 +0000

Hi FLUKA experts

FLUKA beginner here, I am trying to simulate the electro-magnetic shower/cascade effect on a wire and associated energy deposition from a 14 MeV neutron source. However to moderate the neutrons I have implemented a steel radiation shield, which is now using up most of the computational time. Just wondering how I can use the results from a USRBDX detector to then define a source.f subroutine to produce the same spectrum of neutrons, electrons, positrons, photons and protons in order to remove the need for the outer layer. Could anyone help me this this?

Thanks

James