Re: [fluka-discuss]: Defining source.f from previous results

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 16:55:48 +0200

Hello
yes, you can read the usrbdx results and use them in your source. Maybe
you will need to use double-differential URSBDX (energy and angle). On how
to sample a spectrum in a source routine, I would advise you to read the
lectures and look at the exercises from the
last advanced course:
https://agenda.infn.it/event/20624/timetable/#all.detailed
Go to the wednesday program.
With one warning: do not use directly the example routine, bacause there
are differences from fluka2011 to fluka 2020, adapt the fluka2020 template
instead. And write back if you need help

Hope this helps

> Hi FLUKA experts
>
> FLUKA beginner here, I am trying to simulate the electro-magnetic
> shower/cascade effect on a wire and associated energy deposition from a 14
> MeV neutron source. However to moderate the neutrons I have implemented a
> steel radiation shield, which is now using up most of the computational
> time. Just wondering how I can use the results from a USRBDX detector to
> then define a source.f subroutine to produce the same spectrum of
> neutrons, electrons, positrons, photons and protons in order to remove the
> need for the outer layer. Could anyone help me this this?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Paola Sala
INFN Milano