[fluka-discuss]: Spatial distribution of neutron production and proton termination

From: Ding, Qi <q.ding_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 14:20:59 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

In my simulation, the BEAM source is a homogeneous proton beam and it impinges target along the z-axis.
as the title says, I¡¯d like to observe the spatial distribution of emerging neutrons and proton termination.
I read the manual and forum, it seems that I need USRYIELD. But it does not apply to a region volume, rather to a boundary surface between two regions.
I have the following questions:

  * I would like to know the number of neutron production and proton termination as a function of Z coordinate (depth in target).

  * the other one is I want to get the spatial distribution of neutron production and proton termination on the XZP plane(parallel to proton impinging target direction).
Could you please tell me there is any way to record these informaiton and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Qi Ding

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt