Re: [fluka-discuss]: Spatial distribution of neutron production and proton termination

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:34:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Qi,
regarding the yield of produced neutrons,
I suggest you to use the USRBIN card instead of USRYIELD.
USRBIN allows you scoring fluence of a certain type of particle
(in your case neutron) in a 3D grid.
You can then integrate (or set the number of bins equal to 1)
along X and Y, or only along Y, to get the neutron fluence along Z
or information on the spatial distribution of neutrons in the XZY plane.
Instead, I would suggest to use USRYIELD for angular distribution studies.

Concerning the protons, can you please explain me better
what you mean with proton termination?
If you refer to the point where the protons stop,
a depth dose profile may be the solution to your question:
you can score deposited dose as a function of depth (z axis),
and from the Bragg peak position you can extrapolate the proton range.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards,
Giulia