[fluka-discuss]: the unit of dpa when choosing 'region' to record in USERBIN

From: 郑颖 <ying.zheng_at_ipp.ac.cn>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 16:49:38 +0800
Dear FLUKA experts,
I try to use FLUKA to calculate dpa in materials recently, and I use USERBIN option to record the dpa message. When I chose 'X-Y-Z', I got the dpa value in every small bin. In order to be clearer, the dpa in bins is named dpa1, dpa2,dpa3...According to the definition of dpa I know, dpa is the ratio between the number of atom displacements and the number of atoms in a certain volume. But then, when I chose 'region', I anticipated to get the average value of  dpa1, dpa2,dpa3..., but what I got seems like the product of average value and volume of the region.
So I am confused about the unit of dpa used in FLUKA. When I choose 'X-Y-Z', Is the unit of 'dpa' is cm-3? Dose the value of dpa means the number of displacements per cm-3 rather than a ratio?

Beat regards and thanks for your time,Ying Zheng.

bjy{.n+bwkaɚXXal0n+FReceived on Thu Jul 23 2020 - 12:56:51 CEST