Biasing particle type

From: Mitja Majerle <majerle_at_ujf.cas.cz>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:24:44 +0200

Dear fluka users,

during the spallation process only 10% of produced particles are
protons, and most of them are stopped in the target, but I am more
interested at protons than at neutrons. How do I increase the statistics
of my proton USRTRACK detectors ?
I tried to use BIASING with usimbs.f routine, where I set the weight for
protons to values higher than one:
       IF (JTRACK .EQ. 1) THEN
       FIMP = TWOTWO
       ELSE
       FIMP = ONEONE
       END IF
       RETURN
But it seems that fluka hangs while initializing the problem. What are
the alternatives, which is the most effective variance reduction for my
example ? WW-FACTOR and WW-THRESH could be used ? I know only the
simplest method with assigning different importances to regions, and it
is not useful.

Thank you,