[fluka-discuss]: Neutron capture on Gadolinium

From: Alice Coffani <coffani_at_llr.in2p3.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 17:09:23 +0100

Dear expects,

I am having some troubles to understand how to retreive informations on
neutron captures on Gd. I would like to reconstruct the spectrum of
deexcitation photons. So far I select interactions with ICode=300 and
JTRACK =8 where photons are listed among the daughter particles and I
require that a nucleus of Gd is in the residual nucleai list (ask for
ICRES=64). I have checked the energies of the daughter photons but they
do not correspond to the predicted de excitation energy of the Gd
isotope created. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Alice