Re: [fluka-discuss]: What is the mean of bin in the USRBIN card?

From: Answers <answers_at_pcfluka.mi.infn.it>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2021 16:12:07 +0100 (CET)

Hello
a bin is an interval in one coordinate.
A binning is a multi-dimensional structure that is segmented in one or
several bins along each coordinate. In other words, a volume filled with
small cells.

The simplest "binning" is a large parallelepiped oriented as the
cartesian
coordinate system, segmented internally in smaller parallelepipeds,
whose dimensions are defined by the "bin size" along the three
cartesian axis

Or, a cylinder segmented in slices along its axis and in annular
"bins" along the radius.

Fluka will output results in each of the subcells.

..probably I gave a complex description of a simple object..