Re: [fluka-discuss]: Dumping information with mgdraw

From: Giovanni Costantini <g.costantini_at_unibs.it>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 19:56:03 +0100

Dear fluka expert,
thank you for your reply. You are right, my previous email was a little
confusing.
After dumping I convert the txt file in a rootTree with the same
information dumped by mgdraw. In the screenshot I scanned the tree just
with the event number, pdg code (translated from the Fluka code to Geant4
code), track_id and position of the energy deposition. I omitted the other
information of line 112 (i.e. STPNAME, Ekin, atrack and momenta), just
because I thought it was less confusing, but I was wrong.
Nevertheless the lines that you see in the rootTree are exactly in the same
order as in the txt file produced by mygdraw. My concern was about the
order, because my colleague said that it could be a problem if the
information step by step are not dumped entirely for one particle before
passing to the next one.

For what concerns track_id I defined it with "ISPUSR(MKBMX2)" (which is the
last dumped information in line 112). I did not implement any personal
stuprf or stupre subroutine. I am not an expert in Fluka and maybe this is
not the proper way to define it.

For what concerns DE, you are right as well, I wanted to dump the energy
deposited in the current track segment. The loop is irrelevant and I should
have deleted it, that was a mistake by my side. But it should be correct
nevertheless, doesn't it? In my simulations, NTRACK is always equal to 1
and that loop is not really a loop.

I hope to have been more clear and thank you in advance,

Giovanni

--
Informativa sulla Privacy: http://www.unibs.it/node/8155
<http://www.unibs.it/node/8155>