Re: Reading from a file

From: Vasilis Vlachoudis <Vasilis.Vlachoudis_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:00:25 +0200

Hi Johannes,

the OPEN card is used to assign filenames to fortran UNITS (and opens
the file). It can be used together with the scoring cards, in order to
use a different filename instead of the standard one fort.##.

To read the particle histories and push them in the stack, you have to
create a SOURCE routine, look the SOURCE card, the usermvax/source.f and
also the tutorial in the last course on how to use user routines
http://cern.ch/fluka-course/nea2008
Inside the source routine you can use the unit number as defined in the
OPEN card, or you can open yourself the file with a CALL OAUXFI() routine

Search on the discussions list for several emails on the topic:
e.g. http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0342.html

Regards
Vasilis