[fluka-discuss]: how to calculate energy deposition caused by gamma radiation

From: Ding, Qi <q.ding_at_fz-juelich.de>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 16:53:51 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

in my simulation there is a proton beam(MeV) impinging Ta target, a water channel is behind the target, and there is an aluminum backwall after that. Below is the sketch.
I want to get
- the spatial distribution of energy deposition caused by gamma radiation in the aluminum backwall
- the spatial distribution of energy deposition caused by by the neutrons in the aluminum backwall

could you please tell me how to get these information?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Qi

[cid:5f3b078c-0dda-40ec-8a70-66cbe9069441]

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Prof. Dr. Frauke Melchior