[fluka-discuss]: contribution of daughter to dpa

From: Marchetti, Mara (INE) <"Marchetti,>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 15:50:10 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,
I would have a doubt concerning the contributions to damage (dpa) during a radioactive decay as calculated by FLUKA.
In the beginning, I considered that the result I obtained was mainly determined by the alphas while the contribution to dpa of the daughter could not be scored.
Then, after some readings, I was confused and I started to think I was wrong.
I tried to score the heavy ions that were reaching the bins of interest, but I observed a negligible contribution (the size of the bin should be correctly tailored).

Could you please clarify this point?
Thank you in advance,

Mara