Re: Cross section and radiation lenght!

From: jonathan pochon <jgpochon_at_iac.es>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:00:19 +0000

Dear Vasilis,

Thank you for your help.
I still have a problem with my cross-check evaluation for cross section.
I thought it came from USRYIELD but it may be come from USRBDX.

I use 7-Li, with 100 MeV/c per nucleon, on lead target, 0.1 cm thin. For
7-Li, USRYIELD gives me the following cross-section =3D 1.8 barn, but If
I'm looking with USRBDX the 7-Li flux ratio between before and after the
lead target, I have Flux/Flux-initial =3D 0.1 when I am hoping
Flux/Flux-initial =3D 0.994. May be the way I use it, it's wrong?

USRBDX 99. HEAVYION -42. TARGET VOID 100.0BdxAp
USRBDX 10.0 0.01 100. &

What can I do to debug that, some tips to be sure what I am looking at?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jonathan