[fluka-discuss]: conversation 02-06-2021. Improvements dpa calculation

From: Marchetti, Mara (INE) <"Marchetti,>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 15:28:59 +0000

Dear FLUKA authors,
I am writing an article which is based on calculations performed on one of the last versions of the code (in particular the 2021.2.0).

By reading the conversations on this mailing list I found that of 02-06-2021 on the dpa calculation. The email states that on the dpa value there is

"still a factor ~2 less than what reported in the 2011 paper,
because since that time many refinements and improvements have been
implemented into the DPA calculations, particularly for particle below
threshold. Those improvements, related to the correct applications of the
xsi function (see eq. 2) in the 2011 paper) close to threshold are
responsible for the present, more correct, value.".

=>I was wondering if a citable source contains the above-mentioned improvements and refinements (I hope I did not miss it) or if a sort of explanation can be given to us, for better understanding.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Mara