[fluka-discuss]: Fluka vs Geant4: KaonPlus production rate

From: 胡航 <huhang_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 22:18:26 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Dear experts,

     I am trying to simulate KaonZero/KaonZeroLong/KaonZeroShort which propagate through a high density material

     to get the yield rate of KaonPlus. The detailed setup as shown in the input file as attachment.

     I use the USDRAW entry in mgdraw.f to count the KaonPlus produced by inelastic process.

     Also I use the Geant4 to the same simualtion. The comparsion of the KaonPlus production rate as the attached JPG file.

    Here is my question: Why there is difference in the KaonPlus yield rate? Does due to the cross section or handling in the

    interaction process?

   Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Hang