Re: [fluka-discuss]: Multi-step calculations as an extension of two-step one.

From: Stefan E. Mueller <stefan.mueller_at_hzdr.de>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 17:24:33 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Adam,

yes, I think this is possible. This entry in the Mailing list
gives an explanation how to dump a "collision file" and the attached
source.f-file shows how to read the file back in for the second step.

http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0645.html

As is mentioned in the corresponding thread, it is important to keep track
of the weights of the particles in the collision file (and in general how
to transfer the normalization of the scored particles in the first step to
the second step when they are read back). Also, ideally in the first
step when you create the collision file, the available phase space should
be fully covered (eventually by using variance reduction techniques) in
order for the second step to be consistent.

Of course this precedure can be repeated, but with every iteration, making
sure the phase space is properly exhausted and the normalization is kept
consistent becomes more difficult in my opinion.

Cheers,

         Stefan

--
Stefan E. Mueller
Department of Information Services and Computing - Computational Science